Taxes are due annually on the last business day of June.
Penalty on arrears is calculated at 1 ¼% per month commencing on July 1. Penalties are calculated and added on the first day of each month that the taxes remain unpaid.
The Village of Dunnottar accepts the following types of payments: Cheque, cash, Telpay Online or T.I.P.P.S.
- AT THE MUNICIPAL OFFICE – 44 Whytewold Road
- BY MAIL – P.O. Box 321 Matlock, MB R0C 2B0 (DO NOT SEND CASH IN THE MAIL)
- INSTALLMENT PAYMENTS – Monthly payments can be made either by coming into the Municipal Office or by mailing in post dated cheques.
- TELPAY ON-LINE –please allow adequate time (at least 5 to 7 days, depending on your bank) for payment to reach the Village’s bank account. Payments received in our account after the due date will be subject to interest charges.
- Tax Installment Payment Plan (T.I.P.P.S.)**
Please make cheques payable to Village of Dunnottar. Be sure to write the Roll # or civic address on the cheque when making payment to ensure payment is applied to the correct property.
NOTE: Payments will be processed the actual day RECEIVED by the Village of Dunnottar or the day deposited into our bank account.
To avoid late fees if paying by:
Cheque – postdated cheques are accepted but to avoid penalties, the cheques must be dated no later than the due date. Please allow ample time for delivery to our office, as postal dates are NOT recognized.
Internet Banking/Telpay – allow 5-7 business days.
Also for your convenience, there is a mailbox located at the entrance to the Municipal Office for those who are unable to pay during regular office hours.
**Tax Installment Payment Plan (T.I.P.P.S.)
The Village of Dunnottar is now offering T.I.P.P.S. which allows taxpayers to make twelve monthly payments for taxes rather than a single annual payment in June. Upon application, the Village will arrange for payments to be withdrawn from your account.
Seniors' School Tax Rebate
The 2016 Seniors' School Tax Rebate will be claimed on your 2016 income tax return in the spring of 2017. This means that a separate application for the Rebate is no longer necessary. It also means that in future years, you will be able to make retroactive claims for up to three years, but no further back than the 2016 Rebate.
For more information please click here.
Please contact our office should you have any questions or concerns at (204) 389-4962