PROVINCE OF MANITOBA HAS OFFICIALLY DECLARED A STATE OF EMERGENCY IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19. Please click the link below for full details.
Please click the link below for information being released from the Province of Manitoba with respect to COVID-19
NEW Last updated: October 27, 2020
Public health officials advise three additional deaths due to COVID-19 have been reported from the Winnipeg region, a female in her 60s linked to the Parkview Place outbreak, a male in his 80s linked to an outbreak at St. Boniface Hospital and a female in her 80s linked to an outbreak at St. Boniface Hospital.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 7.5 per cent and 184 new cases of the virus have been identified as of 9:30 a.m. However, one case was removed due to a data error. This means the net new number of cases is 183, which brings the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 4,532.
Today’s data shows:
- nine cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- eight cases in the Northern health region;
- four case in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 19 cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
- 144 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
- 2,238 active cases and 2,236 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- there are 83 people in hospital and 15 people in intensive care; and
- the number of deaths due to COVID-19 is 58.
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,721 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February to 244,606. Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.